Administering FreeBSD Training Course
This course is delivered in English.
The course participants will learn:
- How and why to configure and compile your own kernel?
- How to create device files?
- How to customize your system to suit your needs?
- How to optimize your system?
- How is it implemented the system startup process?
- How to create, manage, and delete user accounts?
- To restrict user resources (memory, CPU, number of concurrent sessions, etc..)?
Configuring the FreeBSD Kernel
- Why build your own kernel?
- Compiling and installing the kernel
- The configuration file
- Creating Device Nodes
Configuring and tuning the system
- Initial Configuration
- Index System Configuration
- Application configuration
- Starting and services management (services)
- Configuring the cron daemon
- Configure the network adapters
- Create Virtual Hosts
- Configuration files
- Disk Management
- Limits management kernel (Kernel Limits)
- Adding swap space
The boot process FreeBS
- Use interactive mode when the kernel booted
- Program Init
- The procedures for closing system
User and Account Management
- Superuser account
- System accounts
- User accounts
- Modifying accounts
- Imposing limits on users
- Adapting to the needs of user accounts
- Managing Groups
The file system
- Create a partition
- Create basic backup (backups)
- Network (NFS), Memory, File-Backed File Systems
- Snapshot file system (File System Snapshots)
- Assignments (File System Quotas)
- Encrypting Disk Partition
- FreeBSD Security
- DES, MD5, and Crypt
- One-time Passwords
- TCP Wrappers
- File System Access Control Lists
- FreeBSD Security Advisories
Guaranteed to run even with a single delegate!
Public ClassroomParticipants from multiple organisations. Topics usually cannot be customised
Private ClassroomParticipants are from one organisation only. No external participants are allowed. Usually customised to a specific group, course topics are agreed between the client and the trainer.
Private RemoteThe instructor and the participants are in two different physical locations and communicate via the Internet
SelfStudySelf-study courses allow you to learn at your own pace on your own time. There is no live instructor involved. The participants use recorded video, quizzes and reading at their own convenience.
Price not set yet
The more delegates, the greater the savings per delegate. Table reflects price per delegate and is used for illustration purposes only, actual prices may differ.
|Number of Delegates||Public Classroom||Private Classroom||Private Remote|
Where would you like to take it?
When are you looking to take it?
|Location||Date||Base Classroom Price|
Too expensive? Suggest your price