Credit Appraisal Training Course
This course is delivered in English.
- Staff requiring an understanding of financial statements including an awareness of the information contained within financial statements; how that information is presented; and how that information is interpreted
- Staff who analyse financial information provided to them and arrive at reasoned decisions
- Support staff responsible for gathering and interpreting information for lending managers
- Staff responsible for the management of bad and doubtful debts who need a working knowledge of the decision-making process which led to the lending being made
Format of the course
A combination of:
- Facilitated Discussions
- Slide Presentations
- Case-Studies and Examples
By the end of the course, delegates will be able to:
- Interpret financial information presented by clients
- Arrive at a reasoned decision for granting (or refusing) a client’s lending proposal
- For Corporate Clients and Small Business Clients
- Define an acceptable monitoring and control process for client activity once the lending has been granted
- Understand how to structure a lending to give maximum available protection to the bank
- Explain how to spot adverse client activity – deliberate or unforeseen – which may indicate problems in repaying the lending
- Undertake the proper process to ensure that, a far as is possible, the bank’s asset – its lending – is repaid in full
Understanding Financial Statements
- Balance Sheets:
- How are they created?
- What do the respective sections mean?
- Where does the information come from?
- Profit and Loss Accounts
- How do they differ from Balance Sheets?
- What information is included?
- Where does that information come from?
- Budgets and Cash-Flow Forecasts
- Why are these so key in Lending Appraisal?
- What do they tell a lending banker?
- More-importantly what do they not tell a lending banker?
Analysing Financial Statements
- Analysis of the trends and ratios in the financial statements covering:
- Financial Management and Efficiency
- What do these trends tell a lending banker and what do they not tell a lending banker?
Corporate and Small Business Clients
- Analysis of Corporate and Small Business Client lending propositions
- Understanding that different types of company need different ways of evaluating lending
- Managing and monitoring the lending
- Is it necessary?
- What company security can we take and how do we take and perfect our security?
Guaranteed to run even with a single delegate!
Public ClassroomParticipants from multiple organisations. Topics usually cannot be customised
Private ClassroomParticipants are from one organisation only. No external participants are allowed. Usually customised to a specific group, course topics are agreed between the client and the trainer.
Private RemoteThe instructor and the participants are in two different physical locations and communicate via the Internet
The more delegates, the greater the savings per delegate. Table reflects price per delegate and is used for illustration purposes only, actual prices may differ.
|Number of Delegates||Public Classroom||Private Remote|
Where would you like to take it?
When are you looking to take it?
|Location||Date||Course Price [Remote/Classroom]|
Too expensive? Suggest your price