Understanding IPSec VPNs Training Course
This 2 day course investigates the theory and technology associated with IPSec VPN’s.VPN’s are setup using Cisco IOS Routers and ASA Firewalls using the web interface. The workings of the protocols are examined using debug commands and protocol analyser traces of relevant negotiations.
Suitable for network planners, engineers or anyone interested in IPSec VPNs
Course is approximately 40% practical
- Review TCP/IP and the fields in the IP Header.
- Describe the fields and headers in the ISAKMP Protocol.
- Describe Main Mode negotiation to set up Phase 1 of a VPN
- Describe Aggressive Mode negotiation to set up Phase 1 of a VPN.
- Describe Quick Mode negotiation to set up Phase 2 of a VPN.
- Compare IKEv1 and IKEv2 protocols.
- Describe Symmetric and Public/Private Key encryption.
- Describe ISAKMP Security Associations.
- Describe IPSec Security Associations.
- Describe IPSec AH Protocol.
- Describe IPSec ESP Protocol.
- Describe and Explain Diffie-Hellman Key Exchange.
- Describe prime and primitive root of a prime number.
- Describe, explain and configure site to site VPN’s using Cisco Routers and/or ASA Firewalls.
- Describe Remote Access VPN’s using ADSL and Dial-up.
- Use debug commands in Cisco CLI and wireshark to demonstrate and troubleshoot VPN negotiation.
- Lab Exercise 1: IPSec using manual, symmetric encryption keys.
- Lab Exercise 2: IPSec using IKE and shared secret
- Lab Exercise 3: IPSec using IKE and certificate authentication.
The more delegates, the greater the savings per delegate. Table reflects price per delegate and is used for illustration purposes only, actual prices may differ.
|Number of Delegates||Public Classroom||Private Remote|
|Location||Date||Course Price [Remote/Classroom]|
Too expensive? Suggest your price