Release Management and Deployment with Distributed Version Control System Training Course
Duration7 hours (usually 1 day including breaks)
Familiarity with GIT is recommended.
Understanding of software development life cycle, project management methodologies and frameworks (like waterfall and Agile) is required.
This course has been created for project managers, release managers, product managers, product owners, Scrum Masters, software architects and everyone who is responsible for planning releases and deployment of software.
It shows how to move changes from requirements, through development and tests to production environment using distributed version control system (GIT in particular, but people using other distributed SCMs can benefit from this course as well).
Show overview of Project Management methodologies
- Agile Methodologies
Automatic deployment via GIT
- Production repository
- Release branch
- Using Tags for releases
- Switching between releases
- Managing maintenance release
- Major releases
Documentation, Release Change Log
- Using Repository History to create Change Log
- Using Tag description for major release summarising changes
- Aggregating smaller changes into bigger one (closer to the business)
- Aggregating commits
- Grouping commits into logical parts
Central Repo Push and Pull Strategies
- Keeping Central repository clean
- Creating structure for aggregating and reviewing changes from developers
- Testing and Staging environment
Software Architecture and Components
- How to divide logically application and the repository
- How to manage libraries and subprojects develop by third parties
- Using submodules to automate upgrades
Bookings, Prices and Enquiries
- Public Classroom
- Participants from multiple organisations. Topics usually cannot be customised
- Private Classroom
- Participants are from one organisation only. No external participants are allowed. Usually customised to a specific group, course topics are agreed between the client and the trainer.
- Private Remote
- The instructor and the participants are in two different physical locations and communicate via the Internet. More Information
The more delegates, the greater the savings per delegate. Table reflects price per delegate and is used for illustration purposes only, actual prices may differ.
|Number of Delegates||Public Classroom||Private Remote|
|Location||Date||Course Price [Remote/Classroom]|
Too expensive? Suggest your price