Ubuntu Desktop Training Course
7 hours (usually 1 day including breaks)
Participants should be familiar with a operation system (like Windows or other distribution of Linux) and understand a concept of a file, directory, application, etc...
This course has been prepared for people who want to know how to use Ubuntu Desktop for everyday work. This course explains how to manage your files, install and configure your devices, send emails, browse internet and use the full power of GNU/Linux operating system.
Linux, Distributions and Ubuntu
- What is Linux?
- What is Ubuntu?
- What versions of Ubuntu are available?
- Is Ubuntu free?
Know your Environment, Gnome
- Configuring Appearance
- Visual Effects with Ubuntu
- Input devices settings
- Sound configuration
- Network configuration
- Monitoring your resources
- Reading Log files
Installing and Removing Software
- Browsing staggering catalogue of applications
- Installing software
- Upgrading selected application
- Removing software
- Upgrading the system
- Upgrading distribution
Sharing Desktop with Others
- Vino and other VNC clients and servers
- Remote control of your computer
- Editing documents with OpenOffice writer
- Using OpenOffice Calc
- Note taking through Tomboy
Emails, Calendars, Contacts and Tasks
- Using Evolution
- Configuring email settings
- Creating calendars
- Using Web Calendars (Like Google Calendar, Ical, WebDav, etc...)
- Synchronizing your emails and calendar with mobile devices
- Instant messaging with Pidgin IM
- Configuring Firefox
- Bookmarks and history
- Spell checker
- Add-ons and plug-ins
Photos and Images
- Organizing your images with F-spot manager
- Editing pictures with Gimp
Music and Video
- Playing DVD's
- Access (truly) free music store
- DRM and Ubuntu
Running Windows Applications
- Using windows emulator (wine) to run your Windows applications
- How to run Windows inside Linux
Bookings, Prices and Enquiries
- Private Classroom
- Participants are from one organisation only. No external participants are allowed. Usually customised to a specific group, course topics are agreed between the client and the trainer.
- Private Remote
- The instructor and the participants are in two different physical locations and communicate via the Internet. More Information
The more delegates, the greater the savings per delegate. Table reflects price per delegate and is used for illustration purposes only, actual prices may differ.
|Number of Delegates||Private Remote|
- Public Classroom
- Participants from multiple organisations. Topics usually cannot be customised
|Number of Delegates||Public Classroom|
|Location||Date||Course Price [Remote/Classroom]|
Too expensive? Suggest your price