Some of our clients
14 hours (usually 2 days including breaks)
All Senior Management who need a working knowledge of AML / CTF and their prevention – and an awareness of the other relevant and current Financial Crime issues;
Format of the course
A combination of:
- Facilitated Discussions
- Slide Presentations
- Case Studies
By the end of this course, delegates will be able to:
- Explain how AML and CTF might be prevented
- Understand the major facets of AML and CTF as they apply to their companies and the national and international efforts being made to combat them
- Define the ways in which a company and its staff should protect themselves against the risks of Money Laundering and Terrorist Financing
- Detail how a company might become a target for Money Laundering and Terrorist Financing: and explain which “red flags” might help them to identify, prevent and report any (suspicious or actual) criminal activity
- Understand some of the other “hot spots” in Financial Crime
Anti-Money Laundering (AML) and Countering Terrorist Financing (CTF)
- Understanding Money Laundering and Terrorist Financing
- What are AML and CTF: and how do they work?
- The Criminalisation of Money Laundering and Terrorist Financing: and the types of crimes caught under the Financial Crime Prevention legislation
- The expansion of Money Laundering from drugs to corruption to terrorism
The International Community’s response to AML and CTF
- The International Community’s response to AML and CTF post-9/11
- Especially the Financial Action Task Force (FATF):
- Its membership categories (this can include a section on particular countries&rsquo membership)
- Its 40 Recommendations for AML and a further 9 Recommendations on CTF
- Its influence over domestic and international legislation
Compliance with Anti-Money Laundering Legislation
- International Legislation and legislation applicable to the country where the course is being delivered
- UK Regulations and Legislation (for comparison): principally The Proceeds of Crime Act 2002 (POCA)
- Internal Controls, Procedures and Policies
- Cooperation with the Authorities and the Regulators
- Know Your Customer (KYC) and Identification and Verification (ID&V) Rules
- Impact on Strategy, Client Relations and Human Resources
Recognising and Reporting Suspicious Transactions
- Statutory Obligations
- Identifying suspicious transactions
- Internal and external reporting of suspicious transactions
Money Laundering Detection Techniques
- Prevention, Detection and Due Diligence
- Early-Warning Mechanisms
- Where are today’s hotspots…?
- What next for AML / CTF…?
Other Financial Crime Hotspots
- Information Security
- Market Abuse and Insider Dealing
Trainer, Richard was very good.
Course:The Compliance and MLRO Refresher Programme
Tabitha was engaging, very knowledgeable, clear and prepared.
She was very personable and presented a fluid delivery of the course material.
The whole day was just great and relaxed which really helped. All the printouts really helped.
It was a one to one session so I was able to ask specific questions relating to my own company needs. The course covered the topic really well and gave me many ideas and actions to take away.
is growing fast!
We are looking to expand our presence in Canada!
As a Business Development Manager you will:
- expand business in Canada
- recruit local talent (sales, agents, trainers, consultants)
- recruit local trainers and consultants
- Artificial Intelligence and Big Data systems to support your local operation
- high-tech automation
- continuously upgraded course catalogue and content
- good fun in international team
If you are interested in running a high-tech, high-quality training and consulting business.Apply now!